The TCC combines the three cooking methods.
• Conduction is the heat that is applied directly to the food.
• Convection is circulated hot air, produced by our quiet motor and a specially designed fan. This allows the heat to distribute evenly for faster cooking and even browning.
• Infrared is simply a form of gentle, invisible, radiant heat. It penetrates the inside of foods while also cooking from the outside, leaving dishes moist and full of flavor yet browned to perfection. Hearthware's specially patented heating rods enhance the NuWave Oven's unique infrared capabilities. The concept is similar to the warmth of the sun's rays felt on your skin. As a matter of fact, about 80% of the sun's rays consist of infrared waves. The same principle applies to our NuWave Oven, only on a smaller scale. Restaurants have been using this technology for years to keep foods warm.
Hearthware, the manufacturer of the NuWave Oven, has been producing countertop infrared ovens since 1997. In fact, we are the manufacturer of the original infrared cooking system. However, there are many companies out there who imitate our product. Although the ovens may appear similar, there are very important features and differences of which we would like you to be aware:
*All assertions have been independently tested and verified.
• Only the NuWave Oven features the patented locking mechanism, which securely holds the dome and the power head in place when the oven gets hot, preventing them from separating and releasing steam that can cause burns. This is a very important safety feature ONLY available in the NuWave Oven.
• NuWave Oven uses a long lasting 1500-watt SHEATH HEATER which can last up to 30 years and is similar in durability to most conventional ovens. The NuWave Oven does not use halogen bulbs as a heat source because the halogen uses only 1200 watts and is proven to generate smoke when grease splatters during the cooking process. A halogen bulb also requires regular replacement, which drives extra maintenance costs.
• Most halogen ovens use a glass dome and a glass base tray which is very dangerous because glass gets very hot during cooking. The NuWave Oven uses a high-quality plastic dome which is substantially lighter and remains much cooler than a glass dome. Glass domes and bottom trays can become very hot and heavy, and if they are dropped the glass may break and cause injury. In comparison, our plastic domes have been selected for their high durability.
• Halogen ovens can only cook in 1-hour increments, while the NuWave Oven is designed to cook up to 9 hours and 59 minutes when set to the low power level, and up to 2 hours when set to the maximum temperature setting.
• Halogen ovens cook food unevenly, especially when the glass dome is not washed properly, because it will not be able to reflect and uniformly transfer the halogen heat to the food. This causes dishes to remain raw on the top while burned on the bottom. The NuWave Oven utilizes patented Triple Combo Cooking Power (conduction, convection, infrared) to help cook your food evenly and achieve maximum flavor.
• The NuWave Oven weighs only 9 pounds, while halogen ovens can weigh over 20 pounds. Because our oven is lightweight, durable and easily transportable, you can take it anywhere you go: neighborhood parties, picnics, boats and even on RVs.
• NuWave Oven has received the National Health & Wellness Club seal of approval. The club is publisher of Health & Wellness Magazine.
We proudly stand behind the NuWave Oven and believe in its superior ability to help families "live well for less." As proof, we offer a 90-day money-back guarantee and a 3-year extended warranty absolutely free of charge.
Infrared energy is comprised of those frequencies that exist just below the red end of the visible spectrum, and for cooking properties they have a very unique benefit - when they strike organic molecules (such as any type of food), they cause the molecules to vibrate, thereby creating heat. About 80% of the sun's rays consist of these infrared rays. The same principle applies to our NuWave Oven, only on a smaller scale. Restaurants have been using this heat for years to keep foods warm.
Although almost any type of electromagnetic energy can cause heating, for the purpose of cooking, infrared energy is the perfect choice.
• The oven will automatically default to power level HI.
• If you press the power level and select "1," the display will show 10. This is only 10% of 350 degrees F heating power.
• It is necessary to adjust the power levels when cooking foods at a lower temperature or dehydrating.
• The model number and serial number are located on the back of the power head.
• The serial number will start with a letter followed by a series of numbers.
You can do all the above and much more. It all depends on how you prep the food.
• To steam: cover food, sprinkle in a little water and seasoning.
• To air-fry: coat food with wet mix and roll in cornflakes or bread crumbs. You can also rub in olive oil or spray with cooking spray for additional browning. Leftover fried foods will come out of your NuWave crispier than the first time.
• To broil: place food closer to heating element.
• To roast: place food further from heating element and lower the power level.
• To dehydrate: cook on lower power levels and remove immediately to avoid extra moisture.
• Without the extender ring, you can cook up to a 10-lb. turkey.
• However with the extender ring, you can increase the capacity of the oven by 50% and cook up to a 16-lb. turkey.
• Start cooking the turkey breast side down for the first half of the cooking process.
• When you flip the turkey breast side up, the insides should be thawed enough to remove the giblets.
• If you are placing stuffing inside the turkey, either add it during the last 45 minutes of the cooking process, or if you place it in from the beginning, increase the cook time 3 additional minutes a pound.
There are a couple ways to season frozen food.
• If you are using a dry seasoning, sprinkle a little water over the meat so the seasoning will "stick." If it is a sauce, spread the seasoning over the meat and when you flip, place more sauce on the food.
• Premarinate or sprinkle seasonings on fresh food, then store it in the freezer
• We do reccomend that you rotate most foods halfway through the cooking process, but this is more for presentation.
• Since the heating element is located at the top of the oven, the conduction method of coooking will not be able to reach the bottom of the food.
• Clean-up is a breeze.
• All parts easily separate for cleaning and, except for the power head, are dishwasher safe.
• To promote the durability of your dome, it is important to wash it immediately after use. When placing in the dishwasher, do not use the heated dry cycle (this will save on energy costs as well).
• Because the NuWave Oven utilizes Triple Combo Cooking power, you never have to preheat or defrost again.
• The NuWave does not heat the surrounding air, so your kitchen stays cool. The NuWave is perfect for use in confined quarters; during summers; and in hot weather regions.
• Since the NuWave Oven uses as little as 15% of the energy of most conventional ovens, it saves you time and energy, while having no effect on the temperature of the kitchen.
• Any cooking utensils that can be used in a conventional oven can also be used in the NuWave Oven.
• Items made of foil, metals, Pyrex, oven-safe cooking bags and even prepared frozen entree trays are safe for use in the NuWave Oven.
• If it can go into a regular oven, it can be used in the NuWave.
• The NuWave Oven's triple combo cooking power allows multiple dishes to cook at the same time.
• Normally, it takes about 50 minutes to cook one frozen cornish hen. That timing is the same even if you cook four at once.
Making vegetables in the NuWave is terrific because its cooking technology helps retain nutrients that are otherwise lost through other cooking methods. Minimal water use and shorter cooking times contribute to the oven's effectiveness.
• Place vegetables directly on the 4-inch rack when roasting.
• For steaming, loosely wrap the vegetables, adding a sprinkle of water to circulate steam.
• To prepare vegetables that are steamed with a roasted flavor, remove the aluminum foil for the last two minutes of cooking time.
From artichokes to zucchini, the possibilities in cooking vegetarian dishes are endless.
• Asparagus brushed with olive oil turns out perfectly in less than 8 minutes.
• For baked or sweet potatoes, wash potatoes thoroughly, then place on either rack and cook according to cooking guide or until a fork is easily inserted.
• You do not need to use oil when making vegetables. Simply brush them or shake them in a plastic bag with italian dressing to infuse with additional flavor.
Place aluminum foil on top of vegetables if they begin to brown too quickly.
• Because of the synergy created by triple combo cooking power, and because the NuWave Oven cooks foods quickly using less heat, it produces little to no smoke. Moreover, whatever smoke that does generate is confined to the oven.
• With normal household usage, no ventilation is needed.
• The NuWave Oven has ten power settings; the "HI" setting being the maximum.
• On "HI" setting, the approximate temperature is 350°. See power level/temperature equivalency chart.
• Because of Triple Combo Cooking power, the NuWave Oven will cook quickly. For example, a frozen 10 lb. turkey will roast to perfection in about 2 and 1/2 hours.
• The NuWave Oven utilizes 1500 watts of power, much lower when compared to most conventional ovens 3400-watt usage.
• With the NuWave Oven, no pre-heating or defrosting is required, so it uses as little as 15% of the energy, and cooks most foods up to 50% faster.
• The cooking rack can be reversed to be used at a height of either 1" or 4".
• The 4" rack accommodates smaller foods such as chicken breasts.
• The 1" rack accommodates larger foods such as a 10-lb. turkey.
• Hearthware has been manufacturing countertop infrared ovens since 1997.
• We are the producers of the original Infrared Cooking System.
• Do not be fooled by imitators.
• Outside dimensions: 15.5 inches wide & 13.5 inches tall.
• Inside dimensions: 6.5 inches deep & 12 inches in diameter
• Weight of oven: 9lbs.
• Cooking power: 1500 watts and can be plugged into a standard household outlet.
• Amps: 12.5.
• Even if you are cooking different foods, such as fish and vegetables at the same time, the smells and tastes do not mingle.
• The NuWave Oven is self-contained, so most of the smells and any smoke that may be created stay within the dome.
• The oven ships via UPS, FedEx or USPS.
• The oven and its protective packaging weigh roughly 16 pounds.
The NuWave Oven includes a 1-year limited warranty. CLICK HERE
for detailed warranty information.